Tuesday, July 15, 2014

"If they stand by you during the bad times, they deserve to be there in the good times."

Last week as I pulled into the parking lot at Midwest Fertility, preparing for another IUI, I was completely caught off guard when my husband texted me and said he not only wrote a new blog post about his feelings of battling infertility, but that he posted it on his Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Oh my!
Anyone who has a blog realizes that you are often times sharing very personal details of your life and then throwing it out there for the world to dissect and critic. You instantly invite everyone to be apart of whatever it is you are going through, which is terrifying. 
I began sharing our battle with infertility in my first blog of 2014.
I was petrified when I clicked publish and posted it on my personal Facebook page, but felt an immediate weight lifted off my shoulders. I was no longer living a secret life of, 
" Oh.. no.. we aren't ready for kids, etc" 
 I had nothing to hide or to be ashamed of suddenly and it felt absolutely amazing.

The unexpected result of my first blog was several friends sharing their experiences with infertility. I had no idea so many people struggled to conceive! Barry had a similar response to his post, which makes my heart happy. We have so much support, prayers, and love surrounding us during this journey.  I want to just say thanks. Thanks for the sweet notes, text messages of support, and an ear to listen when we just need a friend. 
We are truly blessed.
"For this child I prayed and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him." 1 Samuel 1:27

What I Know For Sure: Infertility Edition  Posted by melanieblodgett on December 5th, 2011 at 4:21 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment