Wednesday, March 18, 2015

28 week bumpdate with twins!

28 Week Bump Date
 
My age: 29
How far along: 28 weeks
How big is baby: Each baby is at least 2.5 lbs a piece, if not more!
Weight Gain: Weight went down from last week-  up 26 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight of 135 pounds which is right on track for twins.
Exercise/Activity Level: Zero gym days this week :( The hip/groin pain was pretty intense on Monday and Tuesday, but I started to feel really good towards the end of the week. The weather warmed up so I felt like I was outside and moving more than I have been in the cold winter months.  
Maternity clothes:  Workout pants still fit from pre-pregnancy, but that's about it! All other shirts, jackets, and jeans are maternity. My mom has spoiled me now twice with shopping sprees to Target and Old Navy to get new spring attire for my expanding waistline.
Stretch marks: Still none on my stomach/hips... I'm continuing my lotion/baby oil routine 2-3 times a day.  I still think it's a matter of time before they show up, but we shall see!
Belly button: Flat/Outie.
Sleep: I'm still sleeping very well for being this far along in my pregnancy. I moan and grown when I have to move from side to side in the middle of the night, but fall right back to sleep. I think that bathroom breaks during the middle of the night might be making a reappearance. I have been lucky enough to avoid them during the second trimester, but I think the babies are giving my bladder very little space these days!
Best moment of the week: I had my first baby shower this weekend in Greensburg, IN with Barry's family and friends. It was decorated so cute (thanks to my sister-in-law, Kathy)! It was such a blessing to be able to share in the excitement of our girls with so many people who love us. During our infertility journey, I thought I would never get to experience things like a baby shower and now it's happening. I'm so blessed!
Food cravings: Sweets are still my favorite at the moment. I was craving Yogulatte after our first hint of warm weather, but resisted all week until Friday. After work I drove straight there and devoured it. It was worth every calorie :)
Food aversions: None
Symptoms:
  • Pubic bone pain
  • Round ligament pain in the hips
  • Slight lower back pain
    Movement: Lots of kicks and dancing! It was fun to have my niece Lauren feel the babies kick on Saturday. She watched them move around through my shirt and couldn't believe how weird it is to feel their little arms/legs kick in my belly.
    Gender: Girls
    Labor Signs? I had a couple of painful Braxton Hicks contractions on Tuesday AM which led me to take the day off and just rest. My belly was tight all day which isn't normal for me. It went away by Tuesday night and the rest of the week I felt pretty good.
    What I'm looking forward to:  My second baby shower with my side of the family/friends on Sunday, March 22nd and seeing the babies on March 30th at our next ultrasound!
    What I’m nervous about:  I would say Barry is more nervous about this than me, but it would probably be getting everything done before the girls make their appearance. With not knowing when they may arrive, we don't know if we have 1 week or 9 to complete all that is on our to-do list.
    What I miss: A glass of wine, my workouts, and being able to sleep comfortably.
    Next appointment: I'm back to weekly appointments so I will be seeing my OB every Monday at 3:30pm until these girls arrive in May :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment