Wednesday, March 11, 2015

27 week bump date with twins!

27 Week Bump Date
 

My age: 29
How far along: 27 weeks
How big is baby: On Monday, Baby A was 2.3 pounds and Baby B was 2.5 pounds. They are about 14-15 inches long
Weight Gain: Up 26 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight of 135 pounds.
Exercise/Activity Level:  This week begins are busy month of March while means less time for the gym. I'm still not supposed to be exercising much minus walking/swimming/stretching. Barry and I went to the gym on Wednesday and I swam for 15 minutes or so which definitely helps my back.
Maternity clothes:  I can still get away with wearing some of my regular yoga/workout pants to work as long as they sit below the belly. All my shirts now are too small and my belly hangs out of the bottom.
Stretch marks: None on my stomach/hips... for now! I'm applying lotion 2-3 times a day as I know my stomach is being stretched to the max.
Belly button: Flat/Outie.
Sleep: I'm more and more uncomfortable at night. My hips are beginning to ache and I still have a sharp pain in my pubic bone when I try and move from side to side. The doctor said my body is starting to loosen the joints to prepare for childbirth so this fun will continue for the next 2.5 months :) I only wake up a couple of times a night to reposition my growing belly and try and get comfortable.
Best moment of the week: Seeing the girls at our ultrasound appointment on Monday with Barry and my parents by my side. We were finally able to get a good look at Baby A which hasn't happened in over a month. Baby B was the shy one this time, but did show us she's growing quite the hair! Following our ultrasound was our hospital visit. It was surreal to see where we will become a family of 4! Everything is starting to become more real.
Food cravings: My appetite seems to be increased this week. I haven't wanted the food I have brought from home and am wanting to eat a lot more this week than previous weeks. I assume that means we are up for another growth spirt!
 
Food aversions: None
Symptoms:
  • Pubic bone pain
  • Round ligament pain in the hips
Movement: Lots of kicks and dancing
Gender: Girls
Labor Signs? I have had a couple of Braxton Hicks contractions this week. They haven't been painful though- which is good!
What I'm looking forward to:  I'm looking forward to our baby classes next week and baby shower!
What I’m nervous about:  I'm a little nervous about the baby class, specifically watching a birth.
What I miss: Being able to move around easily, my workouts, and sleeping pain-free!
Next appointment: I'm back to weekly appointments so I will be seeing my OB every Monday at 3:30pm until these girls arrive in May :)

No comments:

Post a Comment