Tuesday, June 14, 2016

18 week update on Baby 3.0

 18 Week Bump Date with Baby #3

     
My age: 30
How far along: 18 weeks 4 days
How big is baby: The size of a bell pepper. At our ultrasound, the baby weighed 10 oz!

Weight Gain: 8 lbs. I started the pregnancy back at my pre-pregnancy weight of 135. From my 12-15 week appointment my weight stayed the same so my doctor was happy to see a 3 lb increase at my 18 week appointment.

Exercise/Activity Level:  I'm most proud of how well I have stuck to my exercise routine so far during this pregnancy. With the girls, I was restricted from all exercise at 10 weeks, so I am just so excited to be able to exercise this time around. I want to stay as healthy and fit as possible throughout the pregnancy to make getting into the best shape of my life post partum a little bit easier. I've consistently taken 3-4 group exercise classes a week that include Body Pump, Strength Intervals, Cardio Intervals, and my newest favorite class: Combo Intervals which is basically a toned down Crossfit class. I love pushing my body (safely) and feeling the benefits of a good workout, knowing I did more in a class than I would do to myself. I'm starting to feel "pregnant" and can feel my belly hit my knees during squats and the floor during pushups, but I'm hopeful to continue this routine throughout my pregnancy :)

Maternity clothes:  I'm happily wearing maternity clothes because they are so comfy! I can still wear my regular jeans and shorts, but may have popped a button on my size 6's the other week LOL
Stretch marks: No new ones :)
Belly button: Outie? Kinda?
Sleep: I still sleep amazingly.. for now!
Best moment this week: Having the anatomy scan on Monday was amazing! I am so busy with the girls that its hard to stop and really focus on this baby (especially since I am not feeling much movement yet). I sometimes "forget" that I'm pregnant and it doesn't seem real. Seeing this perfectly healthy baby bounce around on the screen for 20+ minutes while it seemed to try and show off every trick it knew was so amazing. I instantly felt more bonded to the baby and can not wait/believe I'm going to be having another baby in a short 5 months!
Food cravings: Tacos.. from Hardees are absolutely amazing. If you haven't tried them please do and then come thank me.
Food aversions: Barry's sausages that he was making EVERY MORNING for breakfast.. he now eats them at work.
Symptoms: Still taking my nausea medicine :( I stopped taking it when I turned 17 weeks and got sick that night. I'm feeling really good though besides when I forget to take my meds! Energy levels are back to normal and I feel like I'm not eating everything in site.. for now.

Movement: A little bit, at night if I really focus and lay still... nothing consistent yet. The ultrasound tech told me I have an anterior placenta which basically means there is a pillow between the baby and I :( This might make it harder for me to feel kicks as early or regularly.

Gender: Aren't finding out until the birth :)

Labor Signs? Nope
What I'm looking forward to:  Being able to feel the baby move and kick
What I’m nervous about:  Making it full term
What I miss: Still missing a summer cocktail every so often
Next appointment: Two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment