Friday, June 27, 2014

May 2014 in Review- "If your not first, you're last"- Ricky Bobby


Hello June - and hello winter!
It's hard to believe we are halfway through 2014! After the winter we had, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is enjoying every nice day that comes our way. May, as always, was an amazing month here in Speedway, IN! 

Here's a rundown of May 2014:


May 1st: 
Our 3 year dating anniversary. Here's our first picture ever taken together at Buffalo Wild Wings in Speedway on May 1, 2011. I was just getting off work and decided to stay up there and hang out with some friends. Barry was up there with a friend having some dinner and came over to say hi after he was done. We ended up hanging out together all evening and that Friday we went on our first date. The rest, you could say, is history.
                 

May 3rd: 
I started off the first Saturday in May with my niece, Vaida. We rode bikes down to Main Street to watch the Mini Marathon and to see my brother, Joe, and his girlfriend, Morgan's, cute new house. We had a blast riding around town, but she did tell me towards the end of our bike ride, "You know this would be much faster in a car." LOL ;)



May 3rd (PM):
I never realized that I would be lucky enough to continue to attend Prom when I first started dating an administrator! (...cough, cough...) 
This was our 3rd prom at the Indiana Roof Ballroom in downtown Indianapolis.


May 10th: 
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway hosted the first annual Grand Prix Indy car race. My cousin, Monte, hooked us up with Suite tickets so my Dad, Barry, and I all headed out for a fun day at the track! We ended the evening with a cookout with great friends, Tyler and Kayla, that bought a new house one block from Georgetown Road on Main Street! 


  May 12th: 
You know you are officially old when you get excited about a new cement driveway, but that's exactly what happened on May 12th! Check out the details here about how we saved up and paid cash for our new driveway and porch!

May 23rd-25th: Race Weekend! 
After the Grand Prix Race just two weeks before, we were even more excited for Race Weekend. The one downfall was my best friend Michelle, and her husband Todd, weren't able to make it for the first time in 3 years. We made the best of it and hosted our 2nd Annual Day Before the Race Party, which turned into the pre-Jason Aldean party. On Race Day we ended up getting free tickets from our neighbor (Thanks Jake!) and Barry and I went to our first race together. The weather was absolutely perfect and the race went down to the final lap. 


We ended the evening like every Race Day before.. hanging out at my parents house with family and friends. (Please note Thomas's outfit)


May 30th-June 1st:  I ended the month with a trip to DC with my Mom, Dad, and Grandpa to see my cousin, Emma, graduate as the valedictorian of her high school. We enjoyed a round of putt-putt and dinner together on Saturday evening.


Sunday morning, Dad and I woke up early to head downtown to see the monuments. After walking for the first hour, we rented some bikes to get around a little quicker!  



After a quick Metro ride back to the hotel, we all got ready and headed to Emma's graduation. Before we had to fly home, we spent the last couple hours at Peggy and Kieran's home for Emma's graduation party.



May 2014 was an action filled month and June is looking to be just as fun-filled! Look back soon for my June 2014 in Review! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment